Monday, September 28, 2015

NVR

Had our first meeting with NVR last week. I have to say, the gentleman we've been working with has been very nice and accommodating. I feel bad for giving him a bit of a hard time. Unfortunately, anyone in that industry, anyone taking that much money from you, and the comments I've read about NVR have my guard up. But, like I said, so far, so good. Fortunately, I think we're a pretty easy situation, traditional 15 year mortgage with 20% down and good credit.

Took an hour or two gathering all our paperwork. Pays tubs, W2's etc. In the process we realized somehow one of my W2's (changed jobs mid year) went missing and the income never got reported. It was a crazy year.

I was able to track down a copy as NVR caught it immediately and needed verification of my employment. We also had to send a letter in regarding a business charge card we have and waiting for a gift letter to be signed in case our current home does't sell in time, we can still put down the 20%.

Sounds like they're working on wrapping that up and then hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Couple of to-do's for us to look into still:


  • Homeowners insurance. So far we've not gotten a straight answer if our townhome is they where you own only the inside or everything. We also currently have KY Farm Bureau so no matter what, we have to find a different company (bummer).
  • Title Company and Insurance. This one is all new to me. I think we may do some shopping around on this one. Seems like NVR gouges you a bit. Not to mention I hate the type of insurance you have to get for the very rare, but just in case's. Like when you by a TV or a car...ugh. 
  • Comparison Shop. We're working with our current bank on getting a quote. They're actually coming in slightly more expensive than NVR, but it would be way more convenient if we could end up going with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment