Sunday, January 3, 2016

Quick Visit

Had a quick meeting early last week. Hadn't been in the house in almost two weeks because of the holidays. Lot's of progress. The framing is about finished up. The windows were in and they were working on the doors while I was there. Garage door is in. Party wall is up. Electrical was done, Guardian was done and it looked like plumbing and HVAC were just about done. 

On a side note, I have to say so far, I've been really impressed with Ryan, our PM and the construction thus far. I know we're only about half way there, but I expected there to be something wrong or some sort of disappointment at this point (sadly) just based on what I know about the construction process and things I've heard about Ryan. Not to jinx anything, so but so far I couldn't be happier with how things have gone and only hope that continues.

Next week is our pre-drywall meeting! I have a list of things to double check on, placement of outlets and switches, thing we added etc. I'll post my list and the outcomes after the meeting.

But until then, here are a few pics of the progress.

Garage Door

Looking into the master bath, through the master closet, through the laundry room and out the garage door.

Master bedroom, drywall has already been delivered. 
Bedroom 3

Covered Porch - it looks huge, I'm so excited!

Standing in the living room looking at the dining room and kitchen and the front door (being installed).

Fireplace!!

5 comments:

  1. My fiance and I are also embarking on the Calvert adventure-ours is detached. Thank you for sharing! Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! We are also getting an end-unit Calvert in Falls at Landen and this helped give a good idea of what to expect as construction begins shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Glad I could help. Sorry the blog just kind of drops off - when we got close to closing everything got crazy and I never picked it back up. Maybe one day :)

      Delete
    2. Would you have any advice having several months living there now? Anything you wish you knew in hindsight? Noise issues?

      Delete
    3. We've not really had any noise issues, just the occasional "thump". We hear more noise from the parking spaces behind us, but that't mostly some rowdy neighbors. In hindsight, I wish I would have taken more time to look closely at everything. You're not going to catch everything, I still come across stuff and go, "how did I miss that..." LOL. They took care of everything at our 30 day (which really took like 60 days because of waiting for parts to be ordered for appliances and the fireplace). If there are issues and you can delay closing, I recommend it, because having them come back after you've moved in is more inconvenient.

      Delete